Seedbed and climatic conditions
• Apply Avadex Excel 15G to well prepared, moist seedbeds.
• When applied to the soil surface, Avadex Excel 15G needs some moisture after application to be activated.
• Very cloddy seedbeds should be avoided.
• Loose, puffy seedbeds should be consolidated prior to drilling.
• Where weather conditions are favourable at drilling and during early crop establishment, wild-oats can germinate rapidly and grow beyond the susceptible growth stage. Where this might occur, Avadex Excel 15G should be applied within 5 days of drilling but pre-em of the crop and weed.
• Do not apply to shallow-drilled crops.
• Avadex Excel 15G may be safely applied during frost, light snow or rain providing the deflector/spreader plates of the applicator can be cleaned.
Avadex Excel 15G may be used on soils containing less than 10% organic matter.
• Do not sow oat or grass crops within a year after treating with Avadex Excel 15G.
• Do not undersow grass species in crops that have been treated
• It is safe to undersow with Clover and other legumes.
• Loose, puffy seedbeds must be consolidated before drilling, otherwise the chemical may come in contact with the seed causing crop thinning.
• If applied post-drilling, pre-crop emergence moisture will be required to activate the chemical.
• Wheat seed should lie well below the treated soil layer – observe label-recommended drilling depth at all times – 4cm for wheat.
• For best results application machinery should be operated at appropriate speeds as defined in individual manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Weeds emerged at the time of application will not be controlled.
• Do not apply to very cloddy seedbeds.
• Do not use when the top 5-8 cm (2-3″) of soil is ‘bone’ dry.
• Do not use on soils with more than 10% organic matter.
• Do not apply in strong winds as this will disrupt the even placement of the granule.
• Do not use Avadex Excel 15G pre-emergence on shallow-drilled crops.
• Do not undersow grass species in crops that have been treated with Avadex Excel 15G.
• Do not sow oat or grass crops within one year of treating with Avadex Excel 15G.
• Do not reduce rates at any time.
AVADEX EXCEL 15G MUST BE USED ONLY IN THE AREAS OF USE RECOMMENDED IN THIS SECTION AND APPLIED ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS FOR USE. ALL OTHER USES AND METHODS OF APPLICATION ARE EXCLUDED